Art & Anglophilia

Nothing weighty here...just the musings of a girl trying to find the art in the ordinary

Friday, April 13, 2007

No Skiing on the Tube Escalators


As a result of some guy skiing down the escalator at the Angel Tube Station in North London, this other dude had some people post these stickers around the station to avoid unnecessary future litigation ("but no one told me I shouldn't be skiing down this 200 ft escalator!"). Hehehe :) Btw, that link is to the video taken from the guy's helmet-camera. I found this story via the London Underground Blog, which is a favorite of mine because it's full of all of the mundane details that make you actually feel like you're there. Sounds pathetic, but whatever. The only thing I don't like so much is the weekly "Tube Fashion Victims". I feel bad for these unsuspecting commuters, and I'm sure I was a prime choice for targeting last summer ("frumpy American wearing a polo and capris...haven't they figured out yet that we're too fashion-forward here for polos?").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home