Art & Anglophilia

Nothing weighty here...just the musings of a girl trying to find the art in the ordinary

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Candles I Like




Candles can be pretty boring at times, and lord knows there are millions to choose from, so picking out the most aesthetically pleasing ones can be a bit tedious. However, there are some really exquisitely crafted ones out there; you just have to skip on the Yankee store and look a little harder. This one at left is from D.L. & Co. (can be purchased at Satinbox), and although they get a bit pricey, the little satin hatbox they come in is to die for. Yes that's right; I care more about the packaging than the actual wax product. It's happened before and it'll happen again. These candles do smell amazing, though. Ok, on the right is the striped taper from Ana Candles. They come in a wide range of colors (nice muted ones to go well with decor), and are so unique and tailored looking. They would look great in any modern space.

images from Satinbox and Ana Candles

2 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger kstyle said…

    I absolutely love these candles. My friends call me the candle queen
    and these are right up my alley. k
    I think I will blog about them tomorrow on kstyle and will give a loud shout to Art & Anglophilia. k

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Abby said…

    Thanks, Karen!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home