Art & Anglophilia

Nothing weighty here...just the musings of a girl trying to find the art in the ordinary

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

RCAMH #1


Regarding my last post, I realize that my formatting leaves much to be desired. Oh well, I say. Anyhoo, I was going to take pictures of areas in my house in an effort to not only explore the unused features on my camera, but also to view the environment in a different light (so to speak). Then I said to myself, "your house is a disaster; there are no areas that you want pictures of. It will only be depressing,". So I formulated a new plan. There are lots of little things in my house that I love to look at and deserve to be admired by themselves for color, shape, texture, sentimentality or whatnot. I realize it may seem a tad materialistic to celebrate one's possessions, but I am doing this to rediscover and appreciate the things I already have. So I give you the first installment in my series, "Random Crap Around My House", or RCAMH. This is a lighter shaped like a giant matchstick that was purchased this past weekend at Ace Hardware. I was SO excited to get this and I'm not sure why. There is just something about a giant matchstick that is undeniably awesome. The je ne sais quois, if you will. I do know that Holly understands whatever it is, because in an odd twist of fate, she purchased a giant matchstick pencil this weekend! Coincidence? You decide...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should clean the house instead! I bet that would make a special someone very happy.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Abby said…

    I'm sorry, Erik, I take that back. From now on, positive comments only, please.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home