Art & Anglophilia

Nothing weighty here...just the musings of a girl trying to find the art in the ordinary

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Colette's Cakes






I don't bake, but Colette Peters' books on cake-making and decorating almost make me want to break out the rolling pin and almond paste! Almost. On second thought, I might just get the books for my coffee table. She is an amazing artist, and if your cakes still don't come out identical to hers after many attempts, you can order them from her website. I'm sure they're pricey, though, so I'm going to just stick to my plan and admire the pictures. Everything about these cakes is absolutely exquisite.......the colors, the sheen, the smooth texture, the tiny details. And how in the world does she come up with all of these great designs? I am truly in awe. (Yes, that Armani bag is a cake)


photo from colettescakes.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home