Art & Anglophilia

Nothing weighty here...just the musings of a girl trying to find the art in the ordinary

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Dylan's Candy Bar


Whenever it is that I finally get to New York City, I want to go straight to Dylan's Candy Bar. It's owned by Dylan Lauren (daughter of His Highness, Ralph Lauren), and in an interview I read, she said she was inspired by the aesthetic appeal of candy. I know just what she means! I just love looking at candy for the bright colors and textures and shapes....if I could paint, I think I would paint a candy series. Dylan's shop and all of her packaging are designed with that same artistic approach, and it looks awesome to me. I would even take this paintcan without the sour patch kids!


(image from dylanscandybar.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home