Art & Anglophilia

Nothing weighty here...just the musings of a girl trying to find the art in the ordinary

Monday, July 24, 2006

Post for 7/11/06


This evening I climbed to the top of St. Paul's Cathedral. When I say "the top", I mean that first circular level above the outer dome. It was pretty awesome and I got some great pictures. Of course my memory card ran out the minute I got up there. It couldn't happen any other way. The crypt was kind of disappointing (I guess because the church is relatively modern...1666); the only famous people buried there were Lord Nelson (accompanied by a creepy wax figure), Florence Nightengale, and Christopher Wren (ok, that last one was pretty cool). One kind of funny thing about St. Paul's: after the workday is over, business people sprawl out everywhere in the churchyard and take naps. It looked like there had been a mass murder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home