Art & Anglophilia

Nothing weighty here...just the musings of a girl trying to find the art in the ordinary

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Post for 7/6/06


This afternoon I went to......WIMBLEDON!!! It was a madhouse, needless to say. I had ground tickets, which meant I could get into any court but the main one. I went around to some of the other courts, and decided that I didn't care about mixed doubles and the like. So I went up to the main lawn to watch the big-screen tv with a million other people. I saw the entire match between Maria Sharapova and Amelie Mauresmo, and it was really a bummer because I wanted Maria to win. The little old lady next to me was rooting for Mauresmo, and we were kind of passive-aggressively sparring. She was saying things like "ha! good!" to no one in particular whenever Maria would mess up, so I started making my own comments in her direction. I was so mad that Mauresmo had won that I tried to get the last word in, but I don't think it worked. All in all, that was a fun time. Except that the strawberries and cream are highly overrated. I got a pretty good pic here of Maria serving (that's the main court behind the screen).

2 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bet you really miss the ER since you seem so bored there! HA HA

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Abby said…

    Yeah...I've been crying myself to sleep every night wishing I were checking people into the ER.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home