Art & Anglophilia

Nothing weighty here...just the musings of a girl trying to find the art in the ordinary

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Post for 7/5/06


This evening I went to Parliament and got to sit in on the House of Lords, which I was very excited about. Their conduct was hilarious! The representatives were all sprawled out on the benches with papers and purses scattered all over the floor. There was a bishop sleeping. The kicker was when a lady stood up at the podium to present the next piece of legislation on the agenda, the entire room very noisily got up and left! The lady kept speaking as if nothing was happening, and by the end she was speaking to herself. I was like, what is going on?!? It was craziness, I tell you. I can't wait to sit in on the House of Commons where they throw things at each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home